Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1 Cor. 16

I am writing to you now from our new home in Scott's Valley. My time with the Lord has been limited and missed due to moving, unpacking, working full time and studing for a memorization test for my new job with Virgin America.  I need more time in the day. But I feel blessed today to be able to sit down before work to pray and write.

The second verse talks about giving to the church. It is important that we know that under the new covenant of Christ we are no longer bound by the tithe of the Old Testament. That money went to more than the church, it went to the funding of the Israel government amongst other things. We as the Christian church are to give of our free will and completely discretionary.

Paul ends the chapter and the book with a couple things.
"Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love." v.13-14
And
"Maranatha!" v.22.  meaning. "O Lord, come!"

No comments:

Post a Comment