Wednesday, October 26, 2011

1 Cor. 13

Probably the most know chapter of the Bible after Psalm 23?

I haven't "liked" this chapter since I was a teen because I've heard it so much. After studying it a bit last week I came to the realization, that more likely, I don't like to go to this chapter because it shows my inconsistencies and failures when it comes to love. I'm not always, patient and kind...I can be jealous and arrogant...I can definitely act unbecomingly and totally seek my own...I can be provoked and keep a grudge...sigh. Only with Christ can love be manifested perfectly.

"If I ...know all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing." v.2 Once again, wow, quite a statement...something to truly think about and ponder; how am I loving both my fellow man and God. How can I love more unselfishly?

No comments:

Post a Comment